Last Updated: January 6, 2023
Don’t have a phone but still want to use WhatsApp on your PC? Spending enough time on your computer and don’t want to pick up your phone, again and again, to reply to your WhatsApp messages?
Luckily now, it’s very easy to use WhatsApp on pc with or without a phone and you’re going to learn exactly that in this article.
We’re going to learn how to use WhatsApp on pc with 3 different methods:
- Method 1: Use WhatsApp on Browser By Pairing Phone
- Method 2: Download & Use WhatsApp on PC By Pairing Phone
- Method 3: Use WhatsApp on PC without Phone
Let’s begin with the first method!
RELATED ARTICLE: What is WhatsApp Web? A Guide To Use WhatsApp On PC
Method 1: Use WhatsApp on Browser By Pairing Phone
In this method, we are going to use the desktop version of WhatsApp known as WhatsApp Web.
Here’s a simple 2‑step process to use WhatsApp on PC with phone:
Step 1: Go To WhatsApp Web
- Go to web.whatsapp.com in your preferred internet browser.
Step 2: Pair Your Phone with WhatsApp Web
- Open WhatsApp on your phone, tap the Three dots and then on Linked devices.
- Now tap on LINK A DEVICE.
- After that, point your phone’s camera to the computer screen and scan the QR code.
On iPhone devices, the process is almost the same, the only difference being that when you open WhatsApp, you tap on WhatsApp Settings instead of Three dots, then on Linked Devices, and so on.
After scanning the QR code, you will see all your WhatsApp contacts.
Please note, the desktop version of WhatsApp does not support sending files. However, you can send text messages or receive media files from your friends and family members.
Method 2: Download & Use WhatsApp on PC By Pairing Phone
This method is similar to the first one, the only difference is that you will have to download WhatsApp on your computer and the rest process is the same.
Step 1: Download WhatsApp
- Go to www.whatsapp.com/download in a preferred internet browser.
- Click Download and the program will start downloading. It’s the large green button on the right side of the screen.
Step 2: Install WhatsApp on Your Computer
- Open the WhatsAppSetup you downloaded. By default, your downloaded files can be found in your computer’s Download folder.
By clicking the setup file, it will install and launch on your computer, and you will see a screen like this:
Step 3: Pair Your Phone with WhatsApp Web
- Open WhatsApp on your phone, tap the Three dots and select Linked Devices.
- After that, tap on LINK A DEVICE.
- Now point your phone’s camera to the computer screen and scan the QR code.
Watch the video to understand even better.
Method 3: Use WhatsApp on PC Without Phone
Want to use WhatsApp on a PC without a phone? This method is for you.
For using WhatsApp on your computer without a phone, you will need an emulator. You can download and use any emulator you want, however, I am going to use BlueStacks for this purpose.
Step 1: Download Any Emulator (BlueStacks)
- Go to www.bluestacks.com in your preferred internet browser.
- Now click on the Download BlueStacks button and the program will start downloading.
Step 2: Install Emulator on Your PC
- Open the file BlueStacks Installer you just downloaded. By default, it can be found in your computer’s Download folder.
- Click Install Now. It’s the blue button at the bottom center of the setup.
Step 3: Download WhatsApp on BlueStacks
- Open BlueStacks and then Playstore.
- Sign in to your Google account if you already haven’t.
- Type WhatsApp in the search bar and click Install.
- Once the app is installed, click Open.
- Now add your account and enjoy using it.
Many of you may have smartphones but want to use WhatsApp on your computer to eliminate the notifications on your phone, while others may not have a phone but need WhatsApp on their computer.
Using WhatsApp on a PC with or without a phone is easier than ever and it’s a very easy process.
If you have a phone and want to use WhatsApp on a computer, all you’ve to do is Link your device with WhatsApp Web in your browser or the WhatsApp desktop application. The choice is yours!
However, those who don’t have a phone can use WhatsApp on their computer with the help of an emulator.
Simply download any emulator you like, install it, open Playstore, download WhatsApp, and add your account.
Hopefully, all your doubts are cleared up now but if you still have any questions or want to share your thoughts about this topic, feel free to leave a comment below.