Last Updated: September 11, 2020
Cancellations are rarely the best solutions, but sometimes things don’t always go as planned, and there is no other way instead of making a decision.
The same with Fiverr as well whether you’re a buyer or seller, there are instances when canceling an order is the only option.
So, you decided to cancel your order but don’t know how to cancel an order on Fiverr.
In this article, I am going to guide you completely on Fiverr order cancellations in simple steps. Let’s dive right in!
How To Cancel Order On Fiverr
The Buyers and sellers can cancel orders on Fiverr as long as both parties mutually agree to do so.
To cancel the order, do the following steps:
Step 1: Go to The Order
- From your Fiverr dashboard, go to the order you want to cancel.
Step 2: Visit Resolution Center
- Within an order, click Visit the Resolution Center.
Step 3: Select Issue
- Select how you would like to resolve the issue with this order and click Continue.
Extend the delivery time: If the reason for your order cancellation is time, then you can extend the delivery time to avoid cancellation.
Once you select this option, then you have to choose the number of days you would like to add to your delivery time and explain the reason for extending it.
Modify the order: If the scope of the order has changed, you can modify the order to add a custom extra for your buyer to accept. , select what you would like to add to your order and explain the reason for that.
Ask the buyer to cancel this order: If both seller and buyer agree to cancel the order, then this option is right for you. You can ask your buyer or seller to cancel the order, and it does not affect your rating at all.
After selecting this option, explain why you would like to cancel this order, and that’s it.
Step 4: Request Cancellation
- Write the reasons for cancellation the order and click Continue.
Done: Dispute Submitted
So, after all that, the dispute is submitted and send to your buyer/seller then wait 48 hours so that they can accept the request or decline.
If the buyer or seller did not respond within 48 hours, the order would automatically be canceled by Fiverr.
So, this is how to cancel Fiverr order, it’s just the necessary information of order cancellation, but there are more things to know which is essential.
Let’s learn about them!
Types of Order Cancellations
There are 3 types of Fiverr order cancellation, and knowing about them is essential for you.
So, keep reading!
1. Buyer Requested Cancellation
If the order isn’t in “status-completed” or if an order is late by the seller then buyers can request a cancellation.
The buyer request cancellation can impact negatively on the seller’s business if the order is late, and it will affect the seller’s rating as well.
Always try to deliver the order on time to avoid cancelation.
2. Mutual Cancellations
The buyer and seller both agreed to cancel the order, then they can cancel the order mutually, and it’s called mutual cancellation.
If a buyer/seller doesn’t respond within two days (48 hours), then the Gig will automatically be canceled by the Fiverr team.
And the cancellation would be listed as a buyer/seller initiated.
Mutual cancellation is good because it does not affect a seller’s rating.
3. Customer Support
If sellers or buyers don’t agree to cancel the order mutually due to some reason, then contacting Fiverr Customer Support helps you.
Explain to them why you want to cancel this order, and if your reason is acceptable, then they will cancel the order.
Reasons For Order Cancellation
The Fiverr Customer Support will cancel orders based on the following reasons:
- The seller has reported used copyright/trademark infringing materials in the order.
- If the seller uses the copyright/trademark infringing materials but did not purchase commercial use rights.
- When the order is labeled late, and the seller did not respond within 24 hours.
- If the user has a vague behavior towards the other party or if threats of low ratings or using personal information against each other.
- The service provider included copyright/trademark infringing materials within the order.
- If the user is no longer exist due to account deactivation or Fiverr’s Terms of Service violation.
- Seller didn’t provide the required service and marked the order as “Completed.”
- The seller delivers files that are not related to the agreed requirements.
- Seller asking the buyer for additional payments for included work in the gig.
- The seller delays the delivery without any reason to improve the ratings.
- Buyer request revisions but ask for different services than agreed-upon requirements.
- Seller is threatened by a buyer to leave a bad rating to gain more services from the seller, not related to the agreed requirements.
Over To You
That’s it! You’ve just learned how to cancel an order on Fiverr and a complete guide to order cancellation.
I hope this guide provides you with all the answers related to order cancellation.
But, if you have any questions about this topic, feel free to leave a comment in the section below.
I’d love to hear all the pearls of wisdom you have to offer.