Last Updated: August 7, 2023
Perfume.com sells perfumes at heavily discounted prices, but is it actually legit? Does it sell fake or expired products? And, why are their prices so cheap?
In this article, I am going to cover EXACTLY that, along with the key factors that you should be aware of before buying anything from Perfume.com.
Is Perfume.com Legit?
Perfume.com is certainly a legitimate online retailer as it has been in business since 1995 and legally stocks perfumes and colognes of the world’s leading brands, including Burberry, Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, and more.
How can Perfume.com (or any other company) be a scam if it has been in business for the last 27 years as scam companies don’t survive this long.
Moreover, Perfume.com stocks perfumes of the world’s most popular perfume and cologne brands.
So if it were a scam company, how would these world leading brands allow it to stock their products.
Moreover, majority of the customers are satisfied with their shopping from Perfume.com which is an another and most important factor that proves the legitimacy of Perfume.com
So it is crystal clear from these major factors that Perfume.com is without any doubt a legitimate online retailer of discounted perfumes, colognes, and other related fragrance products.
Although Perfume.com is legit, there are some major pros and cons of buying from Perfume.com which are very essential for you to know before buying.
The Pros And Cons of Perfume.com
Let’s have a look at the Pros first.
- Discounted Prices: Perfume.com is known for offering its customers perfumes at heavily discounted prices. In addition to their already discounted prices, Perfume.com also offers coupon codes, promotions, and seasonal sales, which can provide even more savings to you.
- Wide Selection: Perfume.com offers a large selection of perfumes, colognes, and fragrances from many popular brands, giving its customers plenty of options to choose from.
- Free Shipping: Perfume.com provides free shipping on most of its products which enables you to save from your budget.
- User-friendly interface: The website’s interface is designed to be easy to navigate, making it simple for customers to find what they’re looking for and complete their purchases quickly and efficiently.
- Testers: While Perfume.com offers discounted prices, you can save even more money by buying testers of original perfumes. Testers are 100% authentic and have good quality just like the original fragrances but are cheap because they have no fancy box and often come without a cap.
- International Shipping: Unlike other reputable fragrance discounters such as FragranceNet, Perfume.com ships internationally which make it an excellent choice for international customers to take advantage of their discounted prices and deals.
- Authentic Perfumes: Perfume.com sells authentic perfumes of hundreds of world’s leading brands at very affordable prices (more on this later).
- Satisfied Customers: As with any online retailer, there may be some variability in the customer experience, but overall, customers are satisfied with their purchases from Perfume.com.
- Shipping Delays: Though Perfume.com claims that it takes 4-12 days for orders to reach your door but sometimes orders are delayed for 20 to 25 days.
- Possibilities of Receiving Damaged Products: Although it is very rare, there is a possibility that your product may be damaged or lost during shipping by the courier before reaching your destination as some customers have reported receiving poorly packed boxes and leaked and damaged perfume bottles.
- Inconsistent Availability: At Perfume.com, the availability of products can be limited or inconsistent, so you may not always be able to find the exact product you’re looking for.
- Lack of warranty or support: When you buy anything from Perfume.com, you may not receive the same level of customer support or warranty coverage as you would if you buy item(s) from the official brands or authorized retailer of the perfumes and fragrances.
- Return Shipping Charges: Though you can return your product and get a refund, the return shipping charges will be deducted from your refund as these charges are non-refundable.
- Smell Issues and Wrong Size Bottle: As customers don’t physically check the perfumes at the time of buying, some are reported that the perfume they receive doesn’t smell as good as they expected it to be (like the original one). Though this issue rarely occurs, still there’s a possibility.
Overall, while Perfume.com can be a great source for discounted fragrances, you should weigh its pros and cons and consider your personal preferences before making a purchase.
Does Perfume.com Sell Fake Perfumes?
No, Perfume.com doesn’t sell fake perfumes. It is known for selling authentic brand name perfumes, colognes, and related fragrance products.
Now, you may be wondering:
If Perfume.com is legit and does not sell imitations or knock-offs, then how is it possible for them to sell products at heavily discounted prices than department stores and even the official websites of the brands?
Let’s talk about this.
Why Is Perfume.com So Cheap?
Perfume.com is so cheap than traditional brick-and-mortar shops and even the official brands due to the combination of these factors:
- Lower Overhead Costs: Unlike traditional retailers, Perfume.com don’t have to pay for the high overhead costs associated with maintaining physical stores, such as rent, utilities, and staff since they operate only online. This enables them to pass on the savings to customers in the form of lower prices.
- Direct Sourcing: Perfume.com sells directly to consumers without involving middlemen and thus reducing costs which also allows them to offer products at better prices.
- Larger Customer Base: Unlike traditional retailers, Perfume.com has a larger customer base as they are not limited by physical space constraints or geographic location which allows them to sell more products and increase their profit margins by offering products at a lower price point.
- Bulk Purchasing: Perfume.com often buys products in bulk from manufacturers or authorized dealers, which allows them to negotiate better pricing and reduce their overall costs. Consequently, they are able to offer lower prices.
- Gray Market: Perfume.com sources some of its goods from the gray market which also allows them to offer such low prices.
In case you don’t know, Grey Market is a term used to describe the trade of goods through unofficial channels that are not authorized by the original manufacturer or trademark owner.
Gray market products are often genuine and sold at a lower price than the products sold through authorized channels.
This is because the goods may have been obtained through bulk purchases or excess inventory from authorized retailers or distributors, or they may have been produced for a foreign market with different pricing strategies.
For example, the perfumes and other products intended for a Middle Eastern or Asian market are sold at much lower price points than those intended for European markets by the manufacturer.
Perfume.com takes advantage of this.
They purchase and import goods from Asian or Middle Eastern markets where the prices are lower (because of cheap labor) and then resell those same goods in the American or other markets where the prices are high.
In this way, Perfume.com makes profit but also passes some savings on to its customers in the form of discounted prices.
But, Are gray market products illegal?
Gray market goods are not necessarily illegal and they are typically genuine products that have been obtained through unauthorized channels, such as from a distributor or retailer in a different country.
However, products from the gray market may not be protected by the same warranties and support services as those sold through authorized channels by the manufacturer or distributor since they are sold without the consent of the original manufacturer or distributor.
So, Should You Buy From Perfume.com?
Buying from Perfume.com is recommended only if the price difference between purchasing products from them vs typical brick-and-mortar shops or official brands is significant and you are willing to take the risks of:
- Shipping delays
- Possibilities of receiving damaged items
- Lack of warranty or support from the official brands or authorized retailers
However, if you’re willing to pay the full price but want to test the perfumes and fragrances there and then at physical shops without taking the risks mentioned above then you should not buy from Perfume.com.
Decided to buy from Perfume.com?
Then, make sure to follow the tips below to make your shopping experience with Perfume.com a positive one.
7 Must-Knows Before Buying From Perfume.com
Here are the seven tips you need to know before making a purchase from Perfume.com:
1. Read Product Description
First of all, read the description of the product you’re interested in buying as there are some important details such as fragrance notes, ingredients, and more.
After reading the description, you should:
2. Read Product Reviews Carefully
Before purchasing the product you are interested in, carefully read its customer reviews to know what other buyers have experienced, so that you can make an informed decision.
3. Choose The Right Size
Perfume.com stocks perfumes as well as testers and samples with different size bottles.
Therefore, be sure to choose the size of your desired product carefully to avoid the headache of returns.
4. Consider Buying Smaller Size or Samples
If you’re unsure about any perfume or fragrance, it’s recommended to purchase a smaller size or a sample to try the scent before committing to a full-size product.
5. Claim Coupon For Additional Savings
Perfume.com offers you coupons for additional discounts that you can claim by entering your email.
So don’t forget to claim the coupon before buying any product for additional savings.
6. Be Aware of Perfume.com’s Return Policy
Perfume.com has a 30-day return policy, but there are some restrictions.
Therefore, you must read and understand their return policy before making any purchases to know the restrictions and what to expect if you need to return the item(s).
7. Check The Authenticity of Products
Though Perfume.com sells authentic products, since it sources some of its products from the gray market, there’s a possibility of counterfeit item(s) slipping through the cracks which may go undetected.
Therefore, it’s necessary to double-check the authenticity of your products upon receiving.
You can verify the authenticity of products by checking its batch number, packaging, and the item itself.
While it is very rare, if you suspect that the item(s) you received doesn’t seem genuine, request for a return right away.
There you have it!
By following these seven tips, your shopping experience with Perfume.com will most likely be a pleasant one.
Indeed, Perfume.com is legit and sells authentic perfumes of world’s best known brands at discounted prices.
However, it is recommended only if the price difference between buying products from Perfume.com vs typical brick-and-mortar shops or official brands is significant and you are willing to take the risks of:
- Shipping delays
- Possibilities of receiving damaged or faulty bottles
- Lack of warranty or support from the official brands
Decided to give Perfume.com a try?
Be sure to follow the tips to increase the chances of a satisfying shopping experience.
That’s it from my side!
If you still have any questions, please feel free to let me know in the comments section below.