Last Updated: June 9, 2022
The fact that Filmora is free to download and use leads to a common question, is it really free, or does it cost money?
And in case it’s not free then:
- How much does Filmora cost?
- What are the differences between the free and paid version?
- Is it worth buying? How to buy?
- Should I get the cracked version of it for free?
By the end of this article, you’ll have answers to all of these questions.
So without further ado, let’s start with a key question…
Is Filmora Free?
Filmora is not free, however, it offers a free trial download which includes all of the same features as the paid version but there will be a big Filmora watermark in the exported video. To remove the watermark, you will have to buy the paid version.
Except for the Wondershare Filmora watermark on the exported videos, there are not any differences between both the free trial and the paid version.
Now, the question is:
How much does the paid version of Filmora cost? Let’s discuss!
Filmora costs $19.99 per month, $49.99 per year, or $89.99 as a one-time fee for a perpetual or lifetime license.
|Filmora X||Pricing||Discounted Price|
|Monthly Plan||$19.99||Chech here|
|Annual Plan||$51.99||Check here|
|Perpetual/Lifetime Plan||$79.99||Check here|
These are the pricing plans for individual users, however, Filmora has special Business and Educational offerings for students, teachers, and business owners to save up to 37%.
Wondering, which plan should you choose?
If you’re an individual, you can choose any plan you want between Filmora monthly, yearly, and perpetual plan because there aren’t any differences in terms of features or anything else except the updates:
- In the Monthly plan, you get the latest updates as long as you’re subscribed.
- In the Annual plan, you get one year of Filmora latest updates.
- In the Perpetual plan, you don’t get upgrades to future versions of the software.
However, if you’re a student or teacher then choose the Filmora Education plan to save up to 37%.
And, if you have a team or own a business then get the Team & Business plan for more flexibility, tracking, and managing licensing across groups and teams.
Apart from that, please bear in mind that Filmora is compatible with both Windows and Mac, and the pricing plans are also the same for both operating systems.
Please note: The Filmora license you buy for Windows can only be used on Windows PC and Mac license can only be used on Mac computers. You can’t use one license for both Mac and PC (Windows).
So before purchasing any plan, make sure you are purchasing the correct version for your operating system:
Filmora Review: Is It Worth Buying?
Filmora video editor has come a really long way in recent years and is now one of my top choices for beginners and intermediate video editors.
I highly recommend it especially to beginners because it is extremely easy to use, has a wide range of editing tools, and offers tons of ready-made stuff such as transitions, elements, split screen templates, text, and titles that you can use in your videos.
But the question is, is Filmora worth buying? Well, it depends!
I would say, it’s definitely worth buying if:
- You’re a beginner or intermediate content creator looking for an easy to use video editor with an intuitive interface at an affordable price point.
- You don’t need very advanced features and editing capabilities.
- You need tons of ready-made stuff such as effects, elements, stock videos, audio, text, and titles.
- You’re looking for a budget-friendly video editor.
- You have at least a Core i3 processor with 2 GHz.
In contrast, Filmora is not worth buying if you’re a professional video editor and need very advanced features, editing capabilities, and much greater control over your videos.
I mean it’s not the best choice for you if you’re into filmmaking, wants to pursue video editing as a career, freelancing, or any similar category where you’ll need advanced features and much greater control over your videos.
RELATED ARTICLE: Filmora X vs FilmoraPro – What’s The Difference?
Thinking of buying Filmora but not sure how? Let me explain…
How To Buy Filmora?
To buy Filmora, follow these steps:
- Go to Filmora.wondershare.com in your browser and click on Buy now from the top right corner.
- Scroll down, choose one of the plans and click on Buy Now.
- Finally, fill your account and payment details then click on Secure Checkout.
Once you do that you’ll see a success message like this:
To activate the license you just purchased:
- Download and install Filmora on your computer if you already haven’t.
- Open the program, click Login and enter the same account you used to purchase the license.
For anyone who is not familiar with the process of downloading and installing Filmora, here’s how…
How To Download & Install Filmora?
Follow these steps to download and install Filmora:
- Head over to Filmora.wondershare.com in your browser and click on the Free Download button.
- Click on the Filmora setup.exe file and open it to start installation.
- Now, click on Install.
- Once the installation process is over, click on Start Now to run the program.
That’s it! Test out Filmora yourself for free to see if it is worth upgrading to the paid version.
Should You Get The Cracked Version of Filmora?
Want to save money by downloading the cracked version of Filmora? Think again – you risk copyright theft, malware, and security issues.
The cracked version of Filmora is readily available on the internet for downloading and installing on your computer but you should never use it. Here’s why:
- It can cause malware infections
- The crack version isn’t updated
- It may not work properly
- It is illegal and lead to a legal Problems
There are numerous other reasons to avoid cracked software but these are some of the most common risks associated with cracked or illegal software.
For more details, visit this article: 5 Security Reasons Not to Download Cracked Software.
Filmora is not free but offers a free trial download which includes everything the same as the paid version except a big Filmora watermark in the exported video. To remove the watermark, you will have to buy the paid version.
The paid version costs $19.99 per month, $49.99 annually, or $89.99 as a one-time fee for lifetime access but this plan does not include upgrades to future versions of the software.
Filmora is worth buying only if you’re a beginner or intermediate video editor but if you are a professional video editor and need advanced features and much greater control over your videos then I don’t recommend purchasing it.
Furthermore, if you’re thinking of downloading the cracked software of Filmora rather than purchasing, I would advise you to stay away from it at all costs because you are exposing yourself to risks like malware, legal problems, data loss, and security issues.
Instead, look for a free or open-source alternative.
Still have any questions? Please, let me know in the comments below.