Last Updated: June 14, 2022
Let me pair you with the right design platform that fits your needs.
To help you pick the best option, I am going to compare Visme vs Canva in seven different areas that matter the most:
I’ll compare all of these important elements in-depth below. But if you’re short on time, here’s a short verdict with a quick comparison of both tools.
Visme vs Canva: Short Verdict
Visme is best suited for data visualization, while Canva is a great option for designing anything. Overall, Canva is the better option than Visme because it is much more affordable, has better features, and offers more templates and integrations.
Before we get into the details in section one, here is Canva vs Visme at a glance:
|Category||Visme vs Canva||Winner|
|Ease of Use||Both tools are extremely easy to use, but Canva is easier to use than Visme because of fewer data visualization features but more time-saving features and a wider selection of content.||Canva|
|Templates||Overall, Canva has significantly more and better looking templates, but Visme offers better infographic templates.||Canva|
|Collaboration||Although both offer essential collaboration features, Canva has a slight edge over Visme because of real-time collaboration functionality.||Canva|
|Pricing||Canva pricing plans are much cheaper and offer much better value for money than Visme’s plans.||Canva|
|Features||Overall, Canva has better features but Visme offers better data visualization features since it is primarily designed for visualizing data.||It depends!|
|Integrations & Apps||Canva offers far more integrations and apps than Visme. Canva has integrations with over 90 apps and services, whereas Visme only has 25+.||Canva|
Now, let’s dive into the detailed comparison of Canva vs Visme, starting with their ease of use.
Ease of Use
Both Canva and Visme are very easy to use since they were built with the non-designer in mind.
But, which one is easier to use between the two?
Let’s get straight to the point: Canva is easier to use than Visme because of more time-saving features, more templates, and a larger library of stock photos, videos, audio, and graphic elements to choose from.
This ultimately helps in creating stunning designs with ease in a short amount of time.
Visme is primarily a data visualization platform. It is particularly designed to visually represent data using charts, graphs, stats, figures, maps, and data widgets.
In contrast, Canva takes a more all-around approach to graphic design. It is geared towards designing absolutely anything from logos and social media content to cards, blog banners, flyers, infographics, prints, short videos, and much more.
A platform that focuses mostly on data visualization is more time-consuming to learn than one suited to any type of graphic design with more time-saving features and a larger library of content.
I’ll dive deeper into which one offers more content and features, later on. For now, let’s wrap up this round.
Apart from their ease of use, do you know why Visme and Canva are very popular especially among non-designers?
It is because of the ready-made templates offered by each.
But between the two, which one offers more and better-looking templates?
First, let’s compare both in terms of volume.
To get straight to the point, Visme is nowhere close to Canva when it comes to offering pre-designed templates.
Visme only has 10,000+ templates, most of them are for infographics, presentations, and social media.
By contrast, Canva has over 610,000 templates for absolutely anything from social media posts to infographics, eBooks, logos, advertisements, and much much more.
So Canva wins in terms of volume, but what about the quality of templates? Which one has better templates?
To give you an idea, let’s take a look at the templates that Canva offers for Facebook posts:
Now, check out Visme’s templates for Facebook Posts:
As you can see, the templates of Visme are not as stunning as those provided by Canva.
In case you’re wondering, what about the other design types such as YouTube thumbnails, flyers, posters, and all the other categories? Does Canva have better templates than Visme in other categories as well?
In short, YES!
I compared the templates of both platforms and found that Canva’s templates were better than Visme’s in all categories except for infographics.
The infographic templates in Visme are better than those in Canva.
Templates – Winner:
Overall, Canva is the clear winner when it comes to templates. Not only does it offer significantly more templates but its templates are more professional looking than Visme’s.
However, Visme has better infographic templates than Canva.
Both Canva and Visme have collaboration tools that enable you and your team members to create professional designs together.
But, who has better tools for collaboration?
Although both provide essential collaboration features such as:
- Invite members to work on your designs via email or a direct link and give them edit or view access.
- Adding or replying to your team’s comments and tagging a particular member to gather feedback directly on the designs.
- Add members to a particular folder to easily organize your projects and teams.
- Sharing folders or adding a particular member into folders to easily organize your content and teams.
But, Canva has a slight edge over Visme in terms of collaboration as it has real-time collaboration functionality which means multiple people can work on a design at the same time from anywhere in the world.
Visme, on the other hand, offers all the essential collaboration tools and features but it lacks real-time collaboration.
Collaboration – Winner:
Both tools were very competitive in terms of collaborations, but Canva won this round as well because of the real-time collaboration feature.
Pricing & Features
Before we discuss the features of both, let’s cover their pricing.
- Free – $0
- Pro – $6.49 month-to-month or $54.99 yearly, for up to 5 people. This means you and your other 4 team members will also have access to Canva Pro. However, giving access to each additional member will cost you $4 per user.
- Enterprise – $30 per month, per user. Since this plan is for large teams, it requires a minimum of 25 people.
Canva offers a 30-day free trial so you can test out their premium plans before spending your hard-earned money.
In contrast, Visme has hour pricing plans:
- Free (Basic) – $0
- Personal – For per user, this plan is $29 on a month-to-month basis or $12.25 monthly if paid yearly as one payment of $147.
- Business – For per user, this plan is $59 on a month-to-month basis or $24.75 monthly if paid yearly as one payment of $297.
- Enterprise – Get a custom quote by contacting Visme’s sales team.
Unlike Canva, Visme doesn’t offer a free trial of their premium plans.
Taking a look at the pricing plans of both, Canva seems to be a lot cheaper than Visme and of course, it is.
Features vs Price
Despite the fact that Canva is significantly cheaper, we should also consider whether its pricing plans include the same set of features, less, or perhaps even more compared to Visme’s pricing plans.
So let’s compare their pricing plans in terms of offerings.
Firstly, let’s take a look at what’s included in each plan of Canva.
Now, let’s take a look at what Visme has to offer in its pricing plans.
|Pricing||$0||$29/month or $147/annually per user||$59/month or $297/annually per user||Get in touch|
|Number of projects||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Storage||100 MB||250 MB||3 GB||25 GB /user|
|Remove Visme watermark||✓||✓||✓|
|Premium assets & templates||✓||✓||✓|
|Charts and Data Widgets||✓||✓||✓|
|Templates and Assets|
|2+ Million Images||Limited||✓||✓||✓|
|Video and Audio Library||Limited||✓||✓||✓|
|Animated Characters & Gestures||Limited||✓||✓||✓|
|Manage Own Brand Templates||Limited||✓||✓|
|Upload Own Fonts||✓||✓|
|Create Brand Palette||✓||✓|
|Hide Visme Templates||✓||✓|
|Set Brand URL’s||✓||✓|
|Branded Publish Page||✓||✓|
|Comments & Annotation||Limited||✓||✓|
|Create & Manage User Access||✓||✓|
|Assign User Types||✓||✓|
|Limit edit access by user type||✓||✓|
|View User activity||✓|
|Organize & Analyze|
|Create & Share Folders||✓||✓||✓|
|Collect & Store Leads||✓||✓||✓|
|Analytics to Track Traffic||✓||✓||Advanced|
|Download, share & privacy|
|Download Project formats||JPG, PNG, PDF||JPG, PNG, PDF, PPTX, HTML5, Video and GIF||JPG, PNG, PDF, PPTX, HTML5, Video and GIF|
|Import from Powerpoint||Limited||Limited||✓||✓|
|Export to Powerpoint||✓||✓|
|Apps & Integrations|
|Embed external content||Link, iFrame||Link, iFrame||Link, iFrame, HTML|
|Custom Content Blocks||✓||✓||✓|
Taking a look at the pricing plans of both Visme and Canva, it is clear that Canva has better value for money overall.
Canva vs Visme Pricing and Features: Summary
Overall, Canva is the winner and offers better value for money than Visme as it:
- Has much better pricing plans than Visme’s: Visme’s plans are not just expensive but they are too restrictive. Its free plan only includes 100 MB and doesn’t let you download your designs and even its most expensive paid plan includes only 3 GB of storage. In contrast, even the free plan of Canva has 5 GB of storage and lets you download your designs as well without any branding.
- Offers significantly more templates than Visme: Canva offers a total of 610,000+ free and premium templates, whereas Visme only has a total of 10,000+ free and premium templates.
- Has a much larger library of stock photos, videos, audio, and graphics: Canva offers 100+ million stock photos, videos, audio, and graphics, while Visme only offers 2+ million.
- Provides some extra time-saving features: Although both have some great and similar time-saving features such as brand kit, one-click animation styles, and background remover but Visme lacks Magic resize and Content planner.
- Has better collaboration features: Both Canva and Visme have all the essential collaboration features such as sharing your designs with others to edit or view but Canva has a slight edge over Visme as it has real-time collaboration functionality (more details in the above section).
Visme data visualization tools are more powerful and customizable than Canva’s.
To transform boring information into beautiful visuals, it offers intuitive yet powerful charts, graphs, tables, maps, and data widgets with better customization options than Canva.
Conversely, Canva also offers all of these and has fully customizable charts and graphs like Visme does, but the tables, maps, data widgets, and other data visualization tools in Canva aren’t as customizable as those in Visme.
To sum up, I would say:
Canva is the right choice for you if you want to design absolutely anything from logos and social media content to cards, blog banners, flyers, infographics, prints, short videos, and much more.
In contrast, Visme is better suited for designs where you’ve to add facts, figures, charts, reports, maps, documents, and any other similar content to turn boring information into visuals.
It is usually used to create interactive presentations, infographics, charts, reports, documents, and other similar content.
Pricing & Features – Winner:
In terms of pricing, Canva is definitely the winner as its pricing plans are much cheaper than Visme’s.
As for features, it depends!
The more integrations a graphic design platform offers, the easier it is to create and publish stunning designs.
Luckily, both Visme and Canva offer a great selection of integrations with third-party apps and services, but the question is:
Which one has more integration options?
It is integrated with over 90 third-party apps and services from social media platforms to file hosting services, CRMs, email marketing tools, photo editing extensions, embeds, and much much more.
On the other hand, Visme offers integrations with 25+ apps and services, which is significantly fewer than the number of Canva’s integrations.
In addition to having fewer apps and integrations, Visme gives you access to its apps and integrations based on the plan you choose, whereas Canva doesn’t limit the number of apps and integrations you can access no matter which plan you choose, even if it’s their free plan.
Integrations – Winner:
Canva wins this round as well. It offers far more integrations and apps than Visme and you get access to all of them even in their free plan, whereas Visme gives you access to their apps and integrations depending on the plan you choose.
For most users, Canva is a better choice but it comes down to your personal needs and budget as well.
To help you make the right decision, here is a quick summary:
- Canva is the right option for you if you’re looking for an affordable all-in-one graphic design platform with better ease of use, templates, features, and more integrations.
- Visme is a better option for you if you’re not budget-conscious and looking primarily for a data visualization tool to turn boring information into beautiful visuals.
Still have any questions about choosing between Visme vs Canva? Please ask me in the comments and I’ll try my best to help!